- Risks are not always negative.
- If you manage risk, you are managing performance.
- Managing risks is about managing opportunities.
I'm incorporating feedback I received from my winter risk course evaluation. We'll still have eight guest speakers in the first hour, but then I'm going to take the next hour or so to engage more in a discussion than a lecture, including scenarios that will allow the students to practice the art of risk assessment before they actually have to present at the end of each week. This quarter's guest speakers are superb:
- Lucianne Phillips, FEMA Regional Private Sector Liaison
- Mike Hamilton, CEO of Critical Informatics, former City of Seattle CISO
- Michele Turner, Sr. Compliance Mgr, Microsoft Universal Store
- Al Wilson, Director of Business Continuity, BECU
- Todd Mack, Deloitte Tech Risk, Risk and Resilience Director
- Mike Howard, Microsoft Chief Security Officer
- Mary Gardner, Information Security Officer, FredHutch
- Aaron Weller, Director of Cybersecurity and Privacy, PwC
Off I go....