Thursday, May 24, 2007

"The will is greater than the skill...." -- Muhammed Ali


Nibbled to death at work this week, still sniffling and coughing, hard to keep focused on training for the walk. As a result, I'm taking a short day tomorrow, before the long Memorial Day weekend. I'm going to the office for a breakfast meeting with staff, then proceeding directly to Green Lake for a walk. I'll shoot some pictures of what I see there when I walk because it is so very beautiful. Then I plan a day of garden work, one of life's greatest pleasures.

As I write this, I believe it is all possible -- even though we are only about 16 weeks away from the Labor Day walk. I am confident I can get myself in shape to do the whole 60 miles. My son believes I can do anything I put my mind to. Part of my mother's day gift from him were these words -- "You should be quite proud of yourself for taking on a new project everytime you knock the previous one out of the park."
What is a mother to do with such a son, except honor his confidence?

No comments: