Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking."

This Buddhist saying seems appropriately ironic for mid-week reflection, coming off the weekend high. I've walked three miles every early morning this week, and walked another three miles today at lunch with Mary. I have a moving set of blisters around a swollen right bunion that is causing me trouble. I'm going to back off walking tomorrow morning in favor of upper body training with Amy in the gym and no walk during the day. I'll plan to do a six miles again on Friday. And on the assumption that the foot is better, I'm determined to do 10-12 miles on Saturday in Mukilteo with the Kindred Spirits team.

On the dollars raised side, we did accomplish a breakthrough: our company will expedite payment of matching gifts received through July 30th. With those matching gifts counted, I have raised about $16,000 at this point.

No comments: