Thursday, September 13, 2007

More photos from the walk.

I walked across Harbor Island and up First Avenue to the finish line on Sunday with Lisa Lovelace, from Australia, who walked to honor her mother. She's sent me on 100+ photos and I've picked a couple to post up here to give a better sense of the event. The photo below is of our campground. Each of these tents cozily holds two persons if you leave your luggage outside the tent. We camped here in Burien both evenings of the walk.

Below you have an entirely typical scene at every pit stop or lunch break. Need I say more?

Finally, a photo of Lisa and myself looking relatively harmless. We had just come over the finish line and were ushered into Seattle Center's Exhibition Hall, to be electronically scanned then presented with our new shirts for the closing ceremonies.

No comments: