Friday, July 18, 2008

Checked back in.

Often when we walked last year, we were greeted by breast cancer survivors alongside the road.

I have a second week of vacation now. I'm turning my full attention to family and home and training, where I'll be focused on getting my speed and endurance back....the kind I had when I came out of the starting blocks on Day 1 in 2007 (above).


I sent a very direct appeal to senior colleagues at work to see if I couldn't get my fundraising cranked up a level, especially since any gifts at work are matched by the company. No response yet, but then many folks are on vacation.


Nnow that we are eight weeks away from the walk, I'll looking back to 2007 from time to time and pulling out words or pictures to psych myself up and show blog readers what it was like.



No comments: