Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"With malice toward none, with charity for all..." -- Abraham Lincoln

"...let us strive on to finish the work we are in, ...to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations." -- Second Inaugural Address, Mar. 4, 1865

It's Veteran's Day, and Abraham Lincoln has never seemed closer.

I worked out with my new trainer this morning, a former navy reconnaissance guy. Let's say that there will be a lot more discipline in these sessions going forward. He put me through my paces this morning with the medicine ball, weights and machines. I do hope I can keep up. I explained that I don't want to be tortured, just to become more fit than I am right now. I skipped any explanation of physical therapy exercises or floor work here at home that I do in the evenings.

I like the idea that I continue to reshape myself for what lies ahead. The more fit I am, the easier it is to handle this changing world.

No comments: