Monday, December 29, 2008

Winds of change.

So the snow has all but disappeared in the Ravenna area, and 45 mph winds are drying things out! And the sun is shining now, after the rains essentially wiped everything clean.

In my weekly column to staff, I indicated that I have made "to not do" resolutions.

In 2009, I will try not to:

Count on something before it is real.

Lose sight of the fact that I can replace my job but not my family.

Set my goals and my expectations so high that I disappoint myself.

Lose sight of the needs of others in a tough economic environment.

Forget that humor and grace and a sense of proportion are invaluable.


I'm taking the winds blowing outside as my cue to declutter the house and prepare to start a new year. I love decorating, the tree, the gifts, the lights....but I also love clean lines and the metaphor of clearing up. By Saturday, I may be able to do some winter gardening. Bring on the garbage and recycling trucks!

No comments: