Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Birthday Gifts.

It's a good thing we have only one birthday a year. I think of them as celebrations in every way, occasions to stop and think about where I have been and where I am going. I got so many telephone calls and emails today that remind me to hold close both family and friends. Here's a quick sampling of some of my gifts, with thanks to everyone for making this a special day.

A remarkable bouquet from Sabrina and family from a European Florist at the Fairmont.

A Tivoli Audio Model Two AM/FM radio with stereo speaker from James & Lauren, because "we thought your home office could use a sonic upgrade."

Traci gave me a tall birthday sack full of exotic popcorns from a place called Dale and Thomas Popcorn. The flavor in the bag I am eating right now is Veneto, described as "smoked Provolla cheese accented with lightly toasted onions sprinkled with parsley and sea salt." I've only eaten two packages so far today, with four left for the future. Traci and I agree that a bag of this stuff is the same as a nutritious meal.

A beautiful clay mug from the Garden Show, filled with sweet peas ready to go in the ground up against the fence in the back garden, from my friend and fellow gardner Suzie. Everything I received was thoughtful and personally selected just for me -- including the trip to the Santa Fe think tank/retreat in April and an heirloom necklace from Leroy.




No comments: