Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pandemic alerts.

I've written and talked so much about pandemic readiness over the past several years that it is as if my friend has come to visit.  I'm impressed by the level of transparency from our government in rolling out the plan; and think generally that the media has done a good job of not sounding hysterical.  I'm in the peculiar position of being on the road, having visited both California and Texas.  But right now I see no reason at all to fly home.  To all those who have not yet sent me an email  to ask best precautions to take:  wash your hands frequently and cover your mouth when coughing.  Lots of liquids never hurt anyone.  I'm in touch with colleagues around the world and their message is still "live your life."  I'm here in Texas until Friday, then moving on to spend the weekend with Lauren in Chapel Hill.  

No comments: