Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tweaking myself

Labor Day dinner by lamplight.
Tomorrow kids go back to Seattle Public Schools, and that always signals a change of pace for me.  Last week was so satisfactory in terms of the work done on our home and gardens that I'm determined to slightly reset my own personal clock for the fall as well.  Wearing a pedometer this summer has shown my daily levels of activity, for good and for bad.  The goal now will be to even out the burst of high activity across all seven days a week.

Right now, I work with a trainer at the University Y twice a week and try to walk another couple of mornings a week, along with my daily practice of Chi Gong.  I've been intermittent in my ability to add one yoga class per week this summer.

Starting this week, I'm adding that restorative yoga session at 6:30am Wednesdays and a stretch yoga class at 6:30am on Fridays.  Both are at the University Y.  Then starting next week I'll also add another yoga class at 6pm every Monday, from Jasyoga Athletica.  My travel this month is light, but this level of focus on fitness should be excellent preparation for the last quarter of 2012 and the speaking appearances I have lined up.  

I've thought several times about renaming this blog, but I continue to think of myself as a thinker-walker, at fewer miles per walk than in the past.  Adding more yoga makes sense for both mind and body. And notching up the fitness goals benefit both me and my work. 

The photo on this post is from our spur-of-the-moment dinner by darkness last night, at the end of a very relaxing weekend.  Though the fare was simple -- hot dogs and potato salad -- it tasted wonderful by lamplight, with the most interesting man I know.


No comments: