Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Irish Eyes Are Smiling...

My trainer Amy learned yesterday that I'll be carrying luggage that converts to being carried on my back. Had I not told her, I would not have had to do "step up/step downs" from uneven surfaces multiple times. But she is looking after my best interests, and does not want me to fall. Burned deeply into my brain is the phrase, "put your whole foot on the step," which will come in very handy for all the churches and museums in Florence and Siena that we plan to visit. I am so much stronger than I was a month ago!

I have tried the "UltraSimple Diet" since last Saturday, very plain food with all possible food allergens removed, and a good way to clean out the gunk before traveling to an area of the world known for its food.

The conference folks sent on the final programme. There are only 54 people who will sit together, off the record, and discuss and create recommendations around various areas concerning international preparedness, whether about terrorists, pandemics, or international cooperation around natural disasters. I am honored to have been invited to such a beautiful setting to talk about such things. In fact, I'm smiling as I think about how extraordinary the invitation is to come to a person such as myself....

No comments: