Friday, May 18, 2007

Italian Colds and Florida Wildfire Breezes...

The cold that Leroy caught in Italy blossomed forth last Saturday evening, despite all his efforts. As a result, I flew medicated 8 hours or so with cough and cold early on Mother's Day. I returned last night after four days of meetings in Florida, where wildfires have left the air polluted. The conference was excellent, and I attended most of it, except for evening events, choosing instead to sleep. I wish I could say that I increased my walking power on the sandy beach, but alas I was busy just trying to keep from coughing in meetings.

Mother's Day gifts were spectacular: a new tall green pot from James & Lauren, filled with beautiful shade loving plants that's installed on the front porch; a huge bouquet of fresh flowers from Sabrina; and an Amazon gift card that allowed me to buy a huge book on private gardens of the world from Cassandra. The book was there when I got home last night.

I'm in the office, but hoping to catch my doctor early this afternoon. I feel badly that I haven't really walked since Italy, and that I need to get back into training with Mary and Lisa as soon as possible.

No comments: