Friday, May 2, 2008

"The best way out is always through." -- Robert Frost

I am pleased, very pleased, in fact thrilled, to report that my colleague Denise, who has battled pancreatic cancer for over a year, has been diagnosed as cancer-free.

She was a model of calm and courage all the way through the chemotherapy and radiation treatments, the surgery, and then more chemotherapy treatments, which she is now beginning to finish.

Leroy and I are on the way to hear Maria Larionoff lead a chamber group through Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" as well as two violin concertos by Bach....a fitting salute to Denise's triumph.

Tomorrow, a walk here in Seattle on flat land to try out my larger and wider Brooks shoes, which I've been test driving downtown on the hills. Then Sunday up to Everett to walk with the Kindred Spirits team. Life is good.

No comments: