Sunday, June 1, 2008

"Be an opener of doors." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson




There's more than one kind of door. Above, the Long Room of the Trinity College Library in Dublin.

It's been quite a week. I've started physical therapy to loosen my ribs from my spine. I've been walking, walking, walking. Yesterday I walked with the Kindred Spirits up in Mukilteo. It was wonderful to see everyone, including some new faces. Our team now has more than 90 people, including Darren and Jennifer Olson, back from last year.

At their request, I've signed up for the June 21st 5k (3 mile) "Race for the Cure" here in Seattle, as part of the "Marcy's Sole Power" team. Marcy was a friend of the Olsons, who died after fighting breast cancer for 16 years. She is a former 3 Day crew nenber of Seattle and Phoenix walks, and a financial supporter as well. There's 15 folks on that team right now, and I'll bet I can find a couple more.

No comments: