Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile." -- W.B. Bryant

Here's the last hydrangea of the season, tucked in with rosemary from the front garden.

I like to do the small bushes and clean out beds and move things around.

I depend upon Antonio to clean up the larger bushes and trees, and he is here this morning.


Here's a good idea of what he'll be working on....

The pre-pruned garden is a kind of wild splendor, or so I have told myself as I've worked away on the peripheries the past couple of weekends.

We have had a glorious run of weather this week. I have pots of geraniums with lobelia still blooming, and may try to winter them over since the winter looks to be mild. And pumpkins! Leroy will carve them for our Halloween night outdoor greetings to neighborhood kids next Friday evening.

No comments: