Sunday, February 22, 2009

The world is my oyster.

I have just come back in from having checked the large pot filled with bulbs that James & Lauren gave me two Christmases ago. The heavy snow we had has not stopped them from swooshing up through the dirt to find the light. Spring is the great renewer of all things.


Earlier, I spent a couple of hours online with various social or business networks I'm a part of. Technology makes it easier to keep in touch with those we care about. I'm researching new tools I'll need come April -- a small laptop ("netbook") with bells and whistles, and comparing the Blackberry Bold vs the Apple iPhone. There are some places I'm going on my month long train ride where I'm not sure wireless will work.

I'm teaching myself how to load all my Picasa files to the internet, as I do another sort for the book manuscript; and I'm learning how to organize and then offload files for the 3 Day Walks by year. Now if I can only upload new tunes to my MP3 device!

Last night, we found the concert at Benaroya to be excellent. While it was billed around Mozart's famous "Jupiter" Symphony, the real surprise and delight was a double bass concerto by Johann Baptist Vanhal, who sounds more like Mozart than Mozart often does. It was clear that Rossen Milanov, the Bulgarian conductor, is loved by the musicians -- in addition to the the Vanhahl and the Mozart, his interpretation of Schurbert's Symphony No.5 was brilliant and joyful.

The world is our oyster.

No comments: