Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mary's gardens

It's cool and rainy here and, before we go off antiquing in Pennsylvania, I thought I would post a few pictures of my sister's gardens.  She has a little more than an acre of land, and a park sits across the road from her home, so it is as if she is truly in the country rather than on the edge of the town of Princeton.

View out from living room, the window that has just the right amount of light for orchids.  I've never had good luck with orchids, but Mary's flourish here.

View out from the terrace.  You can see the pool in the background.  Shade loving hydrangea trees and bushes grown here in abundance.

View of the deck and surround.

Another view of garden.  Shortly after taking this photo, I tripped over a little green fence into her pachysandra.  But I don't think it's going to slow me down a bit today.  We've always found wonderful things when we go to Pennsylvania.  

No comments: