Monday, June 1, 2009

"By the work one knows the workman." -- Jean de la Fontaine

I have had a wonderful two month sabbatical.  I feel truly rested, and a bit itchy.  I spent time with folks I care about and saw a good swath of this country at the same time.  The sabbatical allowed me to think at leisure about what I want to do over the next five years.  And I've come to a conclusion that some saw as inevitable, but which, for me, required deliberation and distance.

So this morning I return to what is usually called "work."  For me, at least in the last couple of decades, that has meant fully engaging my mind on issues that I care deeply about and enjoy working on.  This month, I'll be building out  a company focused on the types of work I most enjoy -- managing the risk around terrible things that might happen;  and ensuring that the two sides of risk (assurance and resilience) are built with a solid foundation.  

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Go Annie, Go Annie! Knew you couldn't sit still for long! You'll do great.

Ginny said...

Annie, I could sense that you were ready to explode out of the starting gate. Go set the world on fire in your own special way! Love ya gal!