Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Laying out grounds may be considered a liberal art, in some sort like poetry and painting." -- Wm. Wordsworth

On beautiful sunny days like those we have had for nearly a week, I feel as though I should be spending more time in the garden, weeding and pruning and mulching.  The new business is my priority now, though -- which means I'll be allocating myself a couple of half hours each day to take a gardening break.  

I continue to have difficulty with training walks, a side effect of the respiratory problems last month.  Dr. Kirdahy told me yesterday that it sometimes takes 6-8 weeks or more to resume regular breathing -- which tells  me that it is only a question of time before I'll be walking more than one or two miles at a time.  Next Sunday is the 26th Annual Komen Race for the Cure.  I'll be doing the 5k walk with others from the Kindred Spirits team.

2 comments:

Penny Kellam said...

You are a better gal than me. I see this picture and instead of telling me I should be weeding it screams..."SIT, REST, RELAX. I have comfy chair and pillow just waiting for you!!"

Beautiful Annie. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

I didn't know you were walking on Sunday! Well take a few steps for me, would you? I wanted to be there, but will be recovering from surgery instead :(

I'm anxious to hear more about the new Biz.