Monday, July 27, 2009

"Necessity is the mother of invention." -- Wm Blake

Every day is better and brighter. I am sitting in my office, showered and dressed, working away for a couple of hours. It feels good to be here. Checking email from the couch is not at all the same thing.

I often wonder how folks who do not have a Leroy get by. That would be especially the question over the past four days. He has cooked for me, helped me up and down the stairs, in and out of bed, in and out of the shower, then dressed my feet afterward. You could say that this is what a husband does, but I doubt many husbands have the empathy and the grace of Leroy.

Best of all, he's supporting my own sense of how fast I can recover. He dropped me here in the office with icebags and a fan a little before his noon meeting. He'll be back to pick me up after his dental appointment. That will be entirely enough for today.

I do understand that staying off my feet as much as possible is the best way to promote fast healing. I'll be glad to do that, as long as I can stay a bit longer in the office each day this week.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

A good support system is a gift. Having one wrapped up in a wonderful husband is even better. Glad to hear you are up and around.