Monday, September 7, 2009

"Just remain in the center, watching. And then forget that you are there." -- Lao-Tzu

Flowers of the season brighten a rainy day.

Who would think we'd need a fire this late in the summer, before fall is upon us?

But summer is not yet done. The weather for next weekend's 3 Day Walk is forecast to be in the mid-70s. Though I won't be walking this year with the team, I am going to start walking during my lunch hours this week. I have missed seeing the changes that nature brings to familiar landscapes over time.

I started training at the University YMCA last week with Tami, and found the patterns of the weight room to be soothing. In between training sessions, I'm hoping to hit a qui gong or yoga class from time to time. Along with getting my seasonal flu shot, I know that the more fit I am this fall and winter, the better able my system is to fight off illness.

I love Labor Day weekend because it means transition. For some, that transition is back to school. For me, it's transition into the next iterations of both life and work.


No comments: