Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gratitude is the memory of the heart. ~Jean Baptiste Massieu


Today has been World Cancer Day and tomorrow is Go Red day, focused on women and heart disease.

For myself, I am extremely grateful that I have never had cancer or heart disease. When I feel troubled from other challenges, I try to remember these as the most difficult.

I have been walking each day, good distances. Yesterday, I parked at Microsoft in a garage not close to my destination and got a little extra walking. Kate, my physical therapist, said it was probably to surprise me with the knowledge that I could go further without hurting myself than I actually realized. So today I did it again: parking a good distance away from my destination. Tomorrow I'll go back to Green Lake at lunch time. To me, Green Lake is gratitude personified, a memory always in my heart whether I am walking there or not.

No comments: