Friday, September 3, 2010

Mini Sabbatical

I'd lost track of an important blog, then found it again this morning, marveling at the wonders of the web once again. I spent a weekend last April in Santa Fe at a retreat called "Reboot Your Life," and it made a very big difference in what I decided to do after leaving JPMorgan Chase. The team of four women who led that retreat (and subsequent ones they've offered around the country) have finished a book on the same topic that should come out yet this year.

But back to their blog. Though longer sabbaticals are recommended, I ran across an entry on "mini sabbaticals," full of tips for what to do with either a one week or one month sabbatical. As usual, the tips are both practical and poetic. I've posted a link on this page to the "Reboot Your Life" blog.

I've worked hard this summer, through the summer, with really no breaks. So this weekend Leroy and I are taking a two day sabbatical with a train ride. I'm planning to turn off electronics, including Facebook, Twitter and Linked In. I'll have my netbook and kindle so I can read and work on my book manuscript. Best of all, I get to spend uninterrupted time with the most interesting man I know.

No comments: