Thursday, June 9, 2011

Traveling light.


One of the real pleasures of my work has always been the ability to combine business, pleasure and train travel. I'm on my way to the East Coast on Saturday, a few days in advance of a conference, so that I can spend time with my family.  I'll set up shop in Princeton at my sister's place for the weekend, and meet my son James on Sunday here in Penn Station for a day of fast talk, good food, a museum or two, and a lot of walking.  We'll have about eight hours before we each take our trains out.  Then on Monday afternoon, I'll come back into the city and check into my hotel to start meetings and then a global risk summit at NYU that goes until Wednesday evening.  Back onto the train again, this time for work in Baltimore/Annapolis/DC. I'll fly back on the congressional milk wagon Friday evening. 

I realize that not everyone is lucky enough to be able to combine all these elements.  For me, it's what makes life interesting.

No comments: