Saturday, July 14, 2012

Look back to look forward

This has been a wonderful month, so far.  The sunshine coincides with the re-entry of two of my favorite people in the world.  My colleague and friend Lauren Du Graf has been working with me to re-imagine my risk consulting firm.  Earlier this week, I wrote more about that in my other blog.


The other friend who dropped back into my world this month is Luba Lisenberg, whose work you can see here.  With good friends, it is hard to remember when you did not know them -- our first meeting was about 30 years ago, when her son Pablo Schugurensky   was my intern in the Office of Public Affairs at the  Seattle Art Museum.


Luba is a fierce artist, a psychoanalyst  turned sculptor, who lives in Buenos Aires.  My friend Jenny and I visited her there about ten years ago.  We see her each year when she flies north to visit Pablo and his family, who live in this very neighborhood now.  There is such rich fabric woven through our lives.


This visit we talked primarily about looking forward.  Both of us are tweaking the content of our days and the work we do.  It made sense to look back at the variations of our journey in order to look forward.



No comments: