Monday, August 20, 2012

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

I'm off this morning.  Leroy will drop me downtown at the Westlake light rail connection to the airport.  I'll be in the air by noon, and fly through Dallas to Palm Beach.  I'm speaking tomorrow at a conference hosted by the Institute of Internal Auditors.  They are actually a more cheerful lot than their name might make it sound, and they have very good taste.  I confess that one of the reasons I accepted the offer to speak was because of the conference location.  The Breakers is one of the most beautiful hotels in the United States.  Here's a couple of external views.



And here's a few from the interior of the hotel:


It will be my home away from home the next several days.  And I plan to read a whole chapter.

No comments: