Saturday, September 29, 2012

Jenny's "Patterns for Living"


My friend Jenny has a blog called "Water's Edge: Reflections on an intentional life," which I read regularly.  I asked her if I could reprint one of her posts because also reflects my own aspirations.

"As someone who strives to live in the present, it may seem contradictory that my  daily practice is rich with patterns.  Am I spontaneous?  Often.  Is my behavior predictable?  Quite regularly, yes.  Do I have patterns of operating that lead to success in my chosen endeavors? Sometimes.  How about patterns that set me up for failure? Uh-huh; got those too.

Pool pattern, San Jose, Costa Rica, 2006
I'm choosing to focus on the good stuff these days and selecting practices and behaviors that promote my health and well-being.  One way that manifests for me is in listening more closely. 

Less internal chatter and talking allows for creating space for listening, both internally and externally.  What follows? A palette of choices and a most stunning view!"

No comments: