Saturday, July 12, 2008

"The future is no more uncertain than the present." -- Walt Whitman

I have not fallen in nearly a month.

I remember now to take my reading glasses off before I walk anywhere.

I got in several nice walks at lunchtime this week, including one from my office to a Seattle Public Library Foundation meeting. Starting next week, my assistant is trying to clear out lunch hours so I can do a quick four miles along the waterfront, like last year.

I walked this morning at Green Lake, and have just finished three glorious hours in the garden, getting ready for the party for James & Lauren tomorrow.

Life is good. As James said at about age eight, "we live like kings."

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Annie,

I am so grateful that you have added me to your list of names on your hat. I am honored to be included with some very strong people.

How great that you have asked to be a flag bearer this year! Of course you should since you are doing such great fundraising.

I would love to accompany you on one of your lunch hour walks if you are looking for company. I am in and out over the next months, but have your assistant contact me about timing.

If you can clear space on your busy calendar, I certainly should be able to and since I can't walk in the three day this year, I would love to help you out with your training-if I can keep up ;)

Tracy