Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Two more names.

While I was on vacation, a colleague found me on the 3 Day Seattle Top Fundraisers list, and let me know she is starting chemotherapy for breast cancer. We had coffee yesterday, and I pulled this excerpt from her blog to show other Kindred Spirits team members who read here what a profound impact our fundraising has in ways we don't think about.

I also had the chance to meet with someone who ...is fundraising for the Susan G. Komen 3 day in a big way. Her team has a fundraising goal of 500,000 dollars. She has never had cancer so this isn't something she does for her personal gain.... It was very uplifting to realize that not only are breast cancer patients and survivors involved in the fight against breast cancer but many people who realize that someday they may be affected, or someone they love will be. They want it gone as much as I do.

So that's how it looks from the other side. I've added her to my website and my hat... also a woman I've known for 25 years, whom I just found out is also a breast cancer survivor. I don't know how many more names can get embroidered on to my hat...but it seems possible.

To date, Kindred Spirits has raised over $100,000 to date this year toward its goal of $500,000.

No comments: