Monday, February 16, 2009

Accomplishments.

I got up early, read the newspapers with breakfast, then completed a document required for potential executive appointees. Among other things, it required me to list all jobs held since I was 21 years old. It was actually quite pleasant to locate and read the letters of reference I had carried first from Iowa City to Rochester, and then from Rochester to Seattle. Most of the rest of the material I needed was already on my resume.

Then I took a walk, picked up dry cleaning, and made a donation to Goodwill. I've been clearing out and reorganizing files in my study since that time, getting the 2008 tax materials ready as well.

Why is it that getting work like this done is a source of such satisfaction?

Now, all I have left to do is walk on the new tempur-pedic bed once it has aired out and reached room temperature. Evidently we should walk on the bed for the next several days so as to open its pores. The bed and the promise it holds is our 2009 annivesary present to one another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now if we could only figure out a way to line the 3 Day course with Tempur-pedic foam to walk on. Hmm...